2011 Rodman 38 Yacht
The R38 is the most compact boat in the Rodman Yacht range and the most spacious in its class.
It combines a perfect sailing performance with a range of superb features more typical of longer hulled boats. It is the ideal choice for a safe, comfortable and enjoyable sail.
A novelty is the inclusion of the Volvo Penta IPS technology, which ensures lower fuel consumption, greater range, less vibration and noise and greater comfort, better features, and greater manoeuvrability.
|Hull beam:||3,91 m|
|Hull length:||11,40 m|
|Total length:||11,80 m|
|Lightweight displacement:||8100 kg|
|Fuel capacity:||940 litres; 1000 litres IPS Version|
|Freshwater capacity:||400 litres|
|Black water capacity:||106 litres|
|Engines:||from 2x310 CV to 2x370 CV|
Why Is It Different
Larger cockpit with teakwood platform
Generously sized foredeck sunbathing cushion
Greater optimisation of interior spaces
with improved functionality in the main helm position that ensures excellent visibility and ergonomics, a spacious dinette with independent galley, ownerï¿½s cabin with built-in shower-bath, guest starboard-side cabin with single berths, and direct access to the main helm controls.
* Independent engine-cooling systems.
* 3 submersible pumps, automatically activated, with alarm.
* Manual bailing pump in engine compartment.
* Flybridge, cockpit and deck scupper system.
* 2 stainless steel fuel tanks.
* 2 pressurised aluminium freshwater tanks.
* Electric water heater with hot water storage.
* Cockpit shower.
* Freshwater intake point in the engine compartment.
* Vacuum-operated black water system, with pump, vacuum generators for each WC, and storage tank fitted with an anti-odour filter.
* Natural and forced ventilation in engine compartment, with fans and extractors.
* Pre-installed air conditioning.
* Gas exhaust system.
* Hydraulic steering.
* 2 dry-powder fire extinguishers.
* Fire port in dinette.
* 2 sacrificial anodes and 2 conical anodes mounted at the ends of the propeller shafts. Galvanic isolator. Independent ground plate for the electrical equipment.
Hull, deck and metal fittings
* 1000w electric windlass.
* 6 stainless steel bitts.
* Windscreen wiper.
* Pulpit, handholds and handrails in polished stainless steel tubing.
* Aluminium bathing ladder.
* Insulated engine compartment.
* Electro-hydraulic flaps.
* Stainless steel contour strip.
* Laminated-glass front windows and tempered-glass sliding side windows and a stainless steel aft bulkhead with SECURIT glass
* OWNERï¿½S CABIN: Carpeted GRP floors. Double berth with storage drawer. Wardrobe with interior lighting and clothes hanging unit. General and reading light fittings. Ceiling hatch. Cherrywood furniture and doors. Circular ceiling hatch. 2 opening portlights.
* OWNERï¿½S CABIN BATHROOM: GRP walls, floor and ceiling. CORIAN countertop and washbasin. Independent partitioned shower. Complete set of bathroom accessories. Monoblock mixer taps. Mirror. Opening portlight. Vacuum-operated WC.
* GUEST CABIN: Carpeted GRP floors. Cherrywood furniture and doors. 2 single bunks. Wardrobe. Central berthside table. General and reading light fittings. Access to the helm control panel. Opening portlight.
* GUEST BATHROOM: GRP walls, floor and ceiling. CORIAN countertop and washbasin. Shower unit. Complete set of bathroom accessories. Monoblock mixer taps. Mirror. Opening portlight. Vacuum-operated WC.
* STEERING POSITION: GRP console (two heights). Double steering seat. Electrical control panel Full set of engine controls and indicators.
* GALLEY: Cherrywood units with panelled appliances. Stainless steel sink. CORIAN worktop. Vitroceramic hob with 2 hotplates. Wooden floor. Synthetic countertop. Fridge. Microwave.
* DINETTE: U-shaped sofa. Cherrywood furniture. Serving unit on the portside. Two integrated armchairs. Table. General lighting. Radio-CD player with loudspeakers suitable for outside.
* FLYBRIDGE: Double steering position. Upholstered U-shaped sofa-dinette with height-adjustable table. Service unit fitted with small sink. Generously sized solarium aft. GRP radar arch. Bow/side windshields.
* COCKPIT: Non-slip GRP floor. Built-in access stairway to flybridge with teakwood steps. GRP SEAT aft, with lockers and cushions. Access to bathing platform with teakwood floor, incorporated bathing ladder.
* ENGINE COMPARTMENT: 2 fuel tanks. Main engines with gear reducers and stern tubes. Extractors and fans. Starter and service batteries.
* SERVO COMPARTMENT: Freshwater tank. Hydraulic steering cylinder. Exhaust manifolds.
Communications and navigation equipment
VHF with DSC and flybridge repeater, with microphones and loudspeakers at each steering position. Compass at both steering positions.
* 12 V main panel.
* 2 x 180 Ah batteries for starting the engines.
* 2 x 180 Ah batteries for services.
* 12 V/60 battery charger. Earthing with 16-amp connectors.
* Interior lighting and regulation navigation lights.
* Seawater circulation system incorporated in the IPS transmission, eliminating the possibility of water entry via the hull.
* 1 stainless steel fuel tank, 1000 litres.
* 1 aluminium freshwater tank.
* Exhaust system incorporated in the IPS transmission, with the exhaust fumes mixed with cooling water at the aft end of the transmission. Submerged exhaust system, which minimises noise and gas emissions into the atmosphere.
* Electro-hydraulic steering system incorporated in the IPS transmission, which facilitates manoeuvering operations and assists steering. Stowage space in the engine compartment. Services compartment (locker) with large stowage area, accessed via a hatch from the salon.